An interesting initiative from the Guardian UK - they've announced a competition for stories that will feature the challenges faced by disabled girls.
Some of the questions the Guardian is asking are the following:
- What are the challenges disabled girls face in accessing their rights under UNCRC and UNCRPD?
- To what extent are NGOs and national governments meeting the needs and rights of disabled girls?
- Are all the different types of disabilities under the UNCRPD ebing equally included in development programme and policies?
- To what extent is gender exacerbating the issue?
- How can the larger development community ensure that it includes disabled girls within its own policies and programmes?
The deadline for submission is 13 June.