EASPD has 3 types of members: Umbrella Member Organisations,
Single Agency Member Organisations and Observers.
Umbrella Member Organisations (UMO)
An UMO is an umbrella organisation and:
- is able to show that its member organisations provide services to
disabled people in at least one country of the EU or in a member
country of the Council of Europe
- is able to show that it operates at a national/regional level
- is able to represent the views of a group of providers in a country/region
- is able to send a senior representative to EASPD meetings capable of
discussing policy issues
pays a membership fee to EASPD at the rate decided for UMOs
must be a not-for-profit agency (e.g. a charity/co-operative/voluntary
association etc which does not distribute profits/surpluses to its shareholders)
Advantages UMO and fee
Single Agency Member Organisations (SAMO)
A SAMO is a Single Agency Member Organisation and:
- can be any single agency in any sector (statutory/non -statutory,
- must be able to show that it provides services to disabled people in
at least one country of the EU or in a member country of the
Council of Europe
- must be able to send a senior representative to EASPD meetings capable
of discussing policy issues
- must pay a membership fee to EASPD at the rate decided for SAMOs
- receives a discount on the membership fee if their umbrella
network is an UMO of EASPD
Advantages SAMOs and fee
- All European and international associations and/or disability concerned
organisations can apply for the observer status for a maximum renewable
period of 6 months.
- Membership in all categories is only possible after approval by
the Board according to determined procedures.
- All decisions on membership shall be ratified by the
General Assembly of EASPD.
- All applicants should be legally established in their respective country.