- Duration 2 years: 01/01/2009 – 31/12/2010
- Aim: enforcing capacity building of service provider organisations in Bulgaria working in the disability field
- How: by strengthening and making the recently established network of NGO /GO social service providers sustainable
- Detailed description: Please click Snowball
- Training of front line staff and management (both middle and top management) on quality principles, person centred services and community based settings.
- Capacity-building of service provider organisations.
- Empowerment of local / regional / national service providers through the development of the Bulgarian (newly established) network.
- Helpdesk to support providers & strenghten the activities & networking
Desktop research on the existing social services legislative framework and its bottlenecks and challenges is undertaken by the helpdesk that is set up in Bulgaria.
- Training on capacity-building of service providers organisations, particularly:
-Development and management of services,
-Project development and management,
-Stakeholder cooperation and ,
-Lobbying activities (especially with representatives of authorities),
-Empowerment of local/regional/ national service providers by fundraising and information share.
- Twinning initiatives (10) between Flemish organisations/agencies and Bulgarian counterparts is equally set up so that the last ones can benefit directly from the expertise, experience and knowledge existing in the sector in Flanders (and the other way around).
How do I participate?
To participate at the training session(s), twinning project and FAQs, please