We are now looking for examples of Best practices in arts education for adults with disabilities
We are accepting submissions of best practices for the Booklet on best practices in arts education for adults with disabilities
What is CIAE- Creative Inclusion in Adult Education
This Erasmus+ project aims to improve opportunities in the access to artistic knowledge and development to adult learners with disabilities. It aims to provided improved guidelines and access to relevant information in the teaching of arts to service providers, people with disabilities, cultural centres and arts educators, building a fairer, more equal and less discriminative approach to adult arts education. The project will develop among others:
1) A coollation of the most up to date and relevant information on European policy, law, frameworks related to artistic partipation of persons with disabilities, as well as identifying examples of good practices that showcase excellence in the area of arts education for adult learners with disabilities.
2) Development of Good Practice Guidelines for arts organisations and arts educators on supporting the inclusion of adult learners with disabilities in three European Languages.
3) Creation of a Knowledge Centre on Inclusive Arts.
4) Development of an EASY READ TOOLKIT for persons with an intellectual disability on how to access and participate in Adult Arts Education.
- Ireland: Cope Foundation. (coordinator)
- France: L'ADAPT. L'Adapt will be coordinating the project.
- Belgium: European Association for Service Provides of Persons with Disabilities (EASPD)
- Belgium: European Network of Cultural Centres
- Italy: Associazione Scuola Viva Onlus
- Ireland: Cork Institute of Technology
+32 2 2337720