Title: The Employment of Persons with Disabilities: Raising Awareness & Employment Opportunities
Date: 27-28 September 2013
Venue: Wyndham Istanbul Petek Hotel
Registration Process: OPEN
Cost: No Charge
Please do not forget to register on the International Conference website if you want to attend the Conference and the Gala Dinner !
The conference will tackle the main challenges preventing people with disabilities from enjoying fully their right to work: legislative frameworks, discriminative attitudes and lack of adequate support schemes.
We will look at the current situation and discuss future steps needed to facilitate access to the labour market for persons with disabilities. We will focus on the perspective of employees, looking at different approaches promoting employability, and on that of employers, by examining how they can be supported to successfully employ disabled people.
The topics will be discussed by multi-stakeholders panels composed of persons with disabilities, policy makers, representatives of employees and employers, authorities and guaranteed support providers.
In addition, during the conference, the best employment agencies and employers will receive an official award for the successful work they have done towards the employment of persons with disabilities.
By sharing challenges and best practices the conference aims to remove barriers and boost the employment for persons with disabilities.
The Conference will:
- highlight the impact of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the Right to Work and Employment (Art. 27)
- promote exchange between employers, employees, persons with disabilities and social services and show models of good practice that have evidence-based results
- identify the necessary steps to create a positive synergy between employers and employees
- launch the building blocks for a new EASPD Declaration on Employment.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & ACTIVITIES
- Conference Programme
- EASPD Project Development Workshop: for additional information or to submit an idea
- Market Place: for additional information or to apply for a stand
- Practical information
Sabrina Ferraina, Policy Officer
+32 2 282 46 15