OUR MEMBERS IN CROATIA
Mali dom-Zagreb is a unique public institution that provides regular daily services to more than 100 children and youth who are visually impaired with additional disabilities and deaf blind. There is more than 150 children throughout the year who come for our inter/transdisciplinary assessment and counselling. In addition to all the activities for children, our approach includes assisting families in understanding each child’s positive qualities which helps to build a stronger familiy unit and greatly improves each child’s opportunities for a well adjusted life. As we are constantly looking for new ways to develop our programmes by providing the best quality service, we take part in various scientific projects, and we put great emphasis on cooperation and networking with domestic and foreign institutions, organizations, universities and professionals from different fields.
OSVITs activities are:
• improvement of vocational rehabilitation and employment of persons with disabilities,
• creation of new forms of content and work of persons with disabilities,
• monitoring of legislation and proposing necessary amendments,
• organization of conferences, symposia and lectures,
• organization of social and sporting activities of persons with disabilities,
• organization of creative workshops for people with disabilities,
• preparing of publications, proceedings and manuals in the areas of activities of the Association,
• cooperation with national and international institutions and organizations involved in vocational rehabilitation and employment of persons with disabilities.