What is the new role of organisations that want to be of support for persons with disabilities? What do users want service providers to do to promote inclusion and implement the principles of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD)? There is a need to reinforce cooperation between persons with disabilities, public authorities and support services organisations to develop comprehensive policies and to facilitate the right support services. EASPD is organising a panel debate with Members of the European Parliament, Disable Persons Organisations (DPOs) and support services organisations on how to reinforce “Users’ involvement in all aspects of support services”.
A theoretical concept has been created to define the new way of developing support for persons with disabilities: “Co-production”. This term refers to a method and the kind of social services needed to come with a more inclusive society. Freedom of choice for the users, individualised care support services and a very strong cooperation between all stakeholders involved to design, develop and deliver the services. As for the cinematographic sector, in the delivery of services sector, every link in the production chain is vital to have the best result possible with the highest quality.
The event will be part of the EASPD multiannual strategy to reach out to all actors in society promoting inclusion through high quality services. EASPD has already started to implement the strategy by consulting European umbrella disabled people organisations (DPOs). This event will also be a great opportunity to present the results of the research paper on the situation of the workforce in the health and care sector across Europe.
Therefore, EASPD is organising a panel debate with the Members of the European Parliament, the organisations representing persons with disabilities and service providers on how to reinforce “Users’ involvement” in all aspects of service provision.
This event will take place the 2nd June 2015 from 09h00 to 13h00 and will be a great opportunity to address:
- EASPD multiannual strategy implementation: Reaching Out
- The research paper “Strengthening the workforce for people with disabilities: Initial mapping across Europe”
- The list of questions published by the United Nations following up the evaluation of the report submitted by the European Union on the implementation of the CRPD.
- Coproduction and the implementation plan of the European Disability Strategy
- PRESS RELEASE: "EASPD urges the European Union to self-evaluate how co-production is reflected in existing legal frameworks"
- Full programme of the Hearing
- Concept Note
- EASPD discussion paper on co-production
- EASY TO READ discussion paper on co-production
- Photo gallery
- To register or receive more information, please contact Nieves Tejada, EASPD Communications Officer
- Dr. Gauthier de Beco, Lecturer in Disability Law at University of Leeds - PRESENTATION
- James Crowe, EASPD Vice-President and Director of Learning Disability Wales - PRESENTATION
- Peter Lambreghts, Board member of the European Network on Independent Living (ENIL) - PRESENTATION
- Senada Halilcevic, Chair of European Platform of Self-Advocates (EPSA) and Vice-President of Inclusion Europe - PRESENTATION
- Mark Wheatley, Executive Director of the European Union of the Deaf (EUD) - PRESENTATION
- Aurélie Baranger, Director of Autism Europe - PRESENTATION
- Jolijn Santegoeds, Board member of (Ex)-Users and Survivors of Psychiatry (ENUSP) - PRESENTATION
- Bernadette Grosyeux, EASPD Executive Committee member and Treasurer and Director of Centre de la Gabrielle - PRESENTATION