On 6 May the very first workshop of PUSH Europe took place in Brussels. Thirty people including researchers, practitioners and other experts on housing from Belgium, the Netherlands, France and the United Kingdom participated in this interactive event.
Successful examples were shared on the integration of support and housing for people with disabilities, people with mental health needs and homeless people. We also explored criteria for identifying good practices in housing and support services for people with support needs. The workshop was also a good way to exchange experiences and build a basis for our PUSH Europe network for the future. The topic of housing and support services will also be the theme of the EASPD conference on 9 and 10 October 2014.
What is PUSH Europe?
The PUSH Europe network was launched further to a meeting of practitioners working on support and housing service provision organised by FEANTSA (European Federation of National Organisations working with the Homeless), EASPD (European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities) and CECODHAS (European Federation of Public, Cooperative & Social Housing) in November 2012 in Paris, in the context of an OECD Consultation on integrated housing & services for vulnerable groups. The aim of PUSH Europe is to support and deliver positive outcomes for vulnerable people through a practical exchange about the integration of services and housing. To this end, it brings together European support and housing practitioners who deliver and build capacity in affordable housing with support for vulnerable people.
Presentations on good practices of cross-sectorial cooperation on housing and support services
- "Integrated housing and support: a research perspective" by Nicholas Pleace from the Center for Housing Policy, University of York (UK).
ELOSH project (Core European Learning Outcomes for Integrated Supported Housing).
- "ELOSH, Learning Outcomes" by Vic Rayner from SITRA (UK).
- Presentation by Mieke Schrooten from the University Association of Brussels (HUB), Internationalisation department (Belgium).
- Presentation by Dirk Bryssinck and Pascal De Bock from the Psychiatrisch Centrum Gent-Sleidinge (Belgium).
- Presentation by Wessel De Vries, from Discus, HVO Querido (Netherlands).
- Presentation by Yvette Burgess from the Housing Support Enabling Unit, Coalition of Care and Support Providers, Scotland (UK).