What is TOPHOUSE?
TOPHOUSE is a project that aims to define, refine and formally establish the competences of professionals in the processes of assessment, housing & support/care provision so as to strengthen their ability:
a) to assume social and civic responsibilities by actively fostering inclusion and respect for human rights of persons at risk of exclusion, particularly persons with disabilities;
b) to work more effectively and constructively with complex needs of service users in the context of increasingly diverse societies;
by developing supporting specialist training that would integrate human rights-based approaches, such as person-centred planning and individual needs assessment, based on explicit learning outcomes, all underpinned by a new curriculum supporting those working in assessment, housing & support/care services. This would be delivered by a combination of formal and non-formal learning and is intended to lead to a formal qualification.
European Union's Erasmus+ Programme
November 2017 to November 2019
- Austria - Essl Foundation (Project coordinator)
- Belgium - European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD)
- Ireland - Irish Council for Social Housing (ICSH)
- Austria - Jugend am Werk (JAW)
- Spain - Fundació Tutelar de les Comarques Gironines (FTCG)
- Finland - ASPA Foundation (ASPA)
- UK - Homeless Link