EASPD is seeking a new Finance Officer to join our team in Brussels. Find all the details of the vacancy below:
1. Job description
The Finance Officer is responsible for maintaining financial and accounting systems in order to meet legislative requirements. She/he also controls the financial management of the different EU funded projects and ensures the overall coordination between them and between the different levels of accounting. The Finance Officer reports to the Secretary General and works in close cooperation with project officers and managers. The position is based in EASPD’s headquarters in Brussels (Belgium).
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
2. Overview of duties:
Budget & Finances
- Preparation of the budget
- Budget control and liquidity forecasts of the organisation
- Implement financial policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain cash controls
- Prepare quarterly financial statements
- Maintain financial files and records
- Enter and record transactions into the accounting system
- Manage the legal and the analytical accounting system
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- Reconcile the accounts payable
- Reconcile the accounts receivable
- Prepare income statements
- Prepare balance sheets
- Year-end closing of accounts
- Assist with the annual audit
- Financial reporting of projects
- Coordinate the implementation of the different funding programmes financial requirements
- Coordinate the financial flow of the grants
- Manage the grant related audit processes
Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree in Accounting, Finances, Audit, Business Administration or a related field
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible professional experience in procurement or financial accounting, preferably in an international environment
- Experience in using accounting software (Wings preferable)
- Sound knowledge of Belgian local GAAPs
- Proven track record in implementing the financial provisions of EU funding programmes like EaSI, H2020 or Erasmus+
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, particularly advanced level in MS Excel is required
- Excellent command of both oral and written English. Knowledge of French or Dutch is highly desirable. Knowledge of other EU official languages would be an asset
- Previous experience in a NGO or Membership-based organisation would be an asset.
- Strong ability to establish priorities, work within tight timelines and multi-task
- Able to work under minimal supervision with high level of resilience
- Good team player with strong inter-personal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Analytical, diligent, structured and systematic
4. Terms of the contract
- The selected person must have a valid permit to work in the EU
- Open-end contract between 32-38 hours per week
- Remuneration according to Belgian legislation (PC 329 - Social Sector) and depending on the candidates’ profile and experience
- Starting date: 20th August
5. What we offer
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO in Brussels.
- Working in a multicultural environment
- A chance to learn more about the social care & support sectors and organisations from all over Europe
- The possibility to contribute to the building of a more social and inclusive Europe
6. Application procedure
- If you feel that you have the skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team, please email your CV and (max. one pager) motivation letter to Mr Luk Zelderloo, EASPD Secretary General (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The deadline for applications is 20th June 2018. Interviews will take place on the 4th July 2018 in the morning (between 09h00 and 13h00).
- EASPD regrets that we are unable to acknowledge all applications received. Please note that only suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.
7. Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.