The European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) represents over 15,000 social and health service provider organisations across Europe and across disability. The main objective of EASPD is to promote equal opportunities for persons with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems, as based on the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
EASPD wants to be a members-led organisation that valorises, unlocks and upscales the knowledge, knowhow and expertise available at grass roots level in support services for persons with disabilities from across the continent. The Learning & Development Officer will play a key role in designing and planning these processes.
We are looking for a junior profile willing to start and/or continue a career in learning & development management within EASPD’s headquarters in Brussels. As per the requirements of the funding scheme, the person should not be older than 25 years, a EU citizen living in Belgium and currently unemployed. The Learning & Development Officer will work in close cooperation with Membership, Research & Development and Communication officers and the EASPD team on the development of a peer-learning system for EASPD members and other knowledge sharing activities, including training, events and communications. The work would involve covering a broad variety of topics in the field of human rights and social services.
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
Membership & Events
- Members assessment & profiling
- Knowledge management
- Planning and implementation of peer-learning meetings and events
- Internal communications
- Management of e-learning platform
- Management of online and offline training courses
- Internal training needs & events
- Analysis of members ‘training needs
- The officer will be expected to perform some office management duties, as assigned by the Secretary General.
- The officer may be selected to perform tasks related to EASPD’s projects on topics such as education & training, learning and general awareness raising
- Degree in Human Resources, Pedagogy, Audiovisual Communication or Business Management;
- Fluency in English and at least one additional European language (full professional fluency, written and spoken);
- Excellent computer skills, especially a very good command of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Excellent facilitation skills and the ability to manage group dynamics;
- Excellent stakeholder, client relationship and communication skills;
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and work effectively in and across international teams.
- Experience in a membership based organisation;
- Good knowledge of German language;
- Experience in training design & delivery;
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) - Moodle;
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM);
- Change management experience, (e.g. change planning, communications, workshop development, stakeholder management).
- The selected person must have a valid permit to work in the EU and must be living in Belgium
- The work station is the EASPD headquarters in Brussels (BE)
- Open-end contract 38 hours per week; remuneration according to Belgian legislation; PC 329 (Social Sector)
- Starting date: as soon as possible and no later than 15th July
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO in Brussels.
- Working in a young multicultural environment
- A chance to learn more about the social care & support sectors and organisations from all over Europe
- The possibility to contribute to the building of a more social and inclusive Europe
- If you feel that you have the skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team, please email your CV and (max. one pager) motivation letter to Ms Carmen Arroyo de Sande email@example.com.
- The deadline for applications is 6th June 2018. Interviews will take place on the 22nd June 2018 in the morning (between 09h00 and 13h00).
- EASPD regrets that we are unable to acknowledge all applications received. Please note that only suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.