Improving the Skills & Competencies in Self-Directed Support (SKILLS) is a 24-month Erasmus+ project that aims to enable the full citizenship of persons with disabilities by improving skills and competencies of different stakeholders in self-directed support.
The project addresses the need to explore and define what systems of self-directed support are in place in Europe and how they can best support individuals with disabilities in exercising choice about their lives.
SKILL aims to achieve:
•Improved skills and competencies of persons with disabilities, family members and staff, so as each actor can fully use the system and its underlying principles
•Inclusion of self-directed support systems within the formal adult education field
•Effective cross-sectorial cooperation (service providers, authorities and persons with disabilities and their families).
SKILLS will produce the following outputs:
•My Freedom of Choice - Accessible Training & Toolkit on Self-Directed Support for persons with disabilities and their families.
•Supporting Citizenship - Training & Toolkit for Front-line staff working in the disability services.
•Supporting Lifelong Learning Opportunities - Training & Toolkit for Staff working in the field of (formal or informal) Adult Education.
•Leading the Way - Strategic planning and lobbying toolkit.
•Report - Self-Directed Support in Europe.
1 October 2017 to 30 September 2019
- Staff training on Self-directed Support piloted by SKILLS project
- Photo report from the Training event in Scotland, 3-5 July 2018
- View our SKILLS Animation ang give your feedback about the video here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/7BDX8RK
- Read the discussion paper by Simon Duffy of Centre for Welfare Reform offering: an overview on international progress, the lessons learned so far, common barriers faced and proposing an initial set of standards for self-directed support.
If you would like to take part in this international research, aimed at mapping self-direct support systems in different countries, please fill in the questionnaire at https://goo.gl/J1tbmr
- Coordinator: Service Foundation for People with an Intellectual Disability (KVPS), Finland
- The Centre for Welfare Reform (CfWR), UK
- Anffas Onlus, Italy
- In Control Scotland, UK
- European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities