EASPD would like to announce that applications are now being taken for 1 position on the the EASPD board. The elections will take place at the next General Assembly meeting at the EASPD spring conference in Bucharest, Romania on the 18th May.
The duration of the term of the newly elected board member will be until October 2020.
EASPD would therefore like to invite members to submit their candidature for the position of board member by 29th April 2019!
The candidatures should strictly follow the application procedure and deadlines described below and in the election documents found in the Members section on the EASPD website.
Who can submit their candidature for the position of board member?
- The candidates should be representatives of a full member organisation of EASPD with a paid membership fee (for the current year as well as the previous years) and the application documents should be signed by the President of the organisation.
- Please note that one cannot nominate him/herself.
- Should the President of the member organisation apply for the vacant position, his/her candidature should be proposed and signed by a member of the Board of his/her organisation.
What is the procedure to submit your candidature?
- Candidates should fill in and submit two documents by the deadline of 29th April 2019:
- Candidature for EASPD board + a photo of the candidate
- Declaration of interest-EASPD board
- All candidatures are welcome and should be sent:
- by e-mail to the EASPD Secretary-General, Luk Zelderloo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to the Headquarters of EASPD: Luk Zelderloo, Secretary General EASPD Handelsstraat 72 Rue du Commerce B-1040 Brussels, Belgium
- At the GA on the 18th May, the candidates will have the opportunity to briefly introduce themselves and their motivation to apply for the position (1 minute)
Which organisations have the right to vote?
- Only members with a paid membership fee and or/correctly followed membership agreement can vote
- Observer organisations do not have the right to vote
- The voting right should be executed by the legal representative of the member organisation. EASPD has listed the members’ legal representatives, according to the information provided by each organisation. Please inform us in case the legal representative of your organisation has changed since you last provided us this information as the name will appear on the voting ballot.
- If the legal representative cannot attend the General Assembly, he/she can give a mandate to another representative of the organisation to vote on his/her behalf. If no representative of the member organisation is present at the General Assembly, then a proxy could execute the voting right. In both cases, this should be done through a mandate which should be signed by the legal representative and sent both in digital version to the EASPD Secretary General, Luk Zelderloo and by post to the EASPD headquarters.
Please note that each member of the General Assembly can have maximum 2 mandates: one for his/her organisations (in case the legal representative is not present) and one for another organisation. 1 person can cast a maximum of 2 votes if all of the above conditions are respected.
Documents describing the election procedure and the vacant position can be found on our website under the Members Section.
Documents you should read:
- 1-Bodies and Structures of EASPD
- 2-Election Procedure
- 3-Standing Orders-2012
- 4-EASPD Statutes
Documents that should be completed and returned to EASPD by the candidate and the organisation nominating them:
- 5-Candidature for EASPD board
- 6-Declaration of Interest for the position of board member
Deadline: The documents should be sent in digital (email@example.com) and hard copy (EASPD Handelsstraat 72 Rue du Commerce B-1040 Brussels, Belgium) by 29th April 2019 at the latest!
For any questions, please contact Adriana Popa, Membership Officer: Adriana.firstname.lastname@example.org