Over the past 25 years, EASPD has built a network that currently represents, through its direct members, over 17.000 support services for persons with disabilities and their families all over Europe. Our members are committed to implementing the UN CRPD in transforming their services, and in doing so, striving to bring about innovation and new approaches in developing high-quality services that promote the full participation and inclusion in society of all persons with disabilities. The services represented in the EASPD network cover the entire life cycle of the individual and include early intervention, education, employment, housing, leisure, culture, day-care, elderly, and residential support services.
The EASPD 25th anniversary which we celebrate this year is an excellent occasion to spotlight the achievements of our members as leaders of innovation paving the way to inclusion in implementing the UN CRPD in their services. Their continuous efforts and commitment to deliver high-quality services despite financial, political, and societal constraints have facilitated the enjoyment of human rights of millions of persons with disabilities across Europe.
To celebrate the work of our members, we launch the EASPD innovation awards and open the call for applications through which we will select 25 innovative practices in support services. The selected 25 practices will showcase the successful implementation of the UN CRPD at local/regional/national level through direct services or facilitating ecosystems which contributed to the delivery of high-quality community-based services for persons with disabilities in the 8 areas of focus of the EASPD member fora.
The innovative practices should be related to the thematic areas of the EASPD member fora, i.e:
- Arts and Culture
- Early Intervention
- Inclusive Living
- Person-Centred Technology
- Policy Impact
- Workforce Development & Human Resources
Who can apply?
The call is open for all EASPD members & observers and their affiliated associations and networks, including members of EASPD Umbrella organisations.
How can you apply?
To be eligible for the Award, your practice needs to:
- Be provided by an EASPD member organisation (including observers) or affiliated associations, such as members of EASPD Umbrella organisations
- Demonstrate that it has contributed directly (through direct service provision) or indirectly (through facilitating ecosystems) to providing or improving access to high-quality services for persons with disabilities in line with UN CRPD
- Demonstrate why it is innovative in your local/regional/national context
- Be an active and ongoing practice
- Have positive prospects for future activity, sustainability and scaling-up
If your programme/method/practice meets these conditions, you can apply by filling the following on-line form before 30th July 2021 AOB. You may fill in the form in your own language if you prefer.
Selection and award process
Once applications have been closed, 25 nominees will be selected as EASPD innovative practices by a specialized jury.
- 3 practices will be shortlisted for each of the 8 areas (the jury will shortlist 4 practices either from the areas of Workforce Development & human resources or Policy Impact)
- Each of the 8 categories will feature a winner who will be given the EASPD Innovation Award during the 25th-anniversary celebrations.
These selected 25 promising practices will be:
- Published in the EASPD 25th innovative practices booklet
- Featured on the EASPD website and Knowledge Hub
- Disseminated across the EASPD network
- Considered for selection as the winners of the EASPD innovation award
The 8 winners:
- Will have their costs covered to attend the EASPD anniversary conference in Brussels on 13-15 October 2021: 2 representative per winning organization (attendance fee, travel, and accommodation costs of maximum of 800 EUR based on real costs per person)
- Will receive an award during the 25th anniversary celebrations
- Will be promoted on all EASPD’s communication channels