EASPD is the European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities. We are a European not-for-profit organisation and represent over 17,000 social service provider organisations across both Europe and disability. The main objective of EASPD is to promote equal opportunities for people with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems.
As part of its Annual Work Programme 2019 - (Re)connect: EU4you, EASPD is looking for a Researcher/Research team to produce a report “Access to health services for persons with disabilities”. The report should provide an overview of the main challenges on accessing health care for persons with disabilities, focused in the service delivery perspective.
In particular the report should identify:
• the existing barriers to high quality health care for persons with disabilities, including the identification of the most underserved health issues
• the degree of integration and cooperation between (mainstream) health services and support services for persons with disabilities
• the training needs of health professionals on how to deliver health services for persons with disabilities
• the training needs of support professionals on health related issues
• solutions and/or models of good practice in addressing the issues above mentioned
The research should refer to the main trends at European level and then focus on a selected number of European countries (minimum 5) chosen according to criteria of geographical balance and reflecting the variety of social welfare models in Europe. The researcher/research team shall liaise with the members of EASPD working on health issues to gather information and get real life experiences from different countries. EASPD will assist in identifying stakeholders to be interviewed in the selected countries.
Main elements of work
The Researcher/Research team is expected deliver:
- Deliverable 1: methodological framework for data collection and analysis
- Deliverable 2: a report on access to health services for persons with disabilities
- Deliverable 3: an executive summary including recommendations on how to improve access to health services for persons with disabilities
Deadline for application: 18/08/2019
Response to application: 23/08/2019
Selected applicants are expected to take on the assignment as soon as possible. The final report must be delivered by 29/11/2019 at latest
The researcher(s) will be expected to demonstrate:
- Proven experience in coordinating international research projects and collaborative work;
- Solid academic and/or professional background with regards to the social service sector;
- Experience in data collection, analysis and presentation;
- Experience in training needs analysis and training design
- Experience of writing accessible reports for an NGO and/or EU/national organisation readership;
- Excellent command of English (written and oral)
- An operational approach to the integration of good management principles, including correct personal data management in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
Only candidates from EU Member States are eligible for participating in the tender
Selection and award criteria
The applicant(s) should submit the following documents until 18/08/2019; 23:59 CET:
- A motivation letter describing your expertise and explaining why you are the right candidate(-s) for the assignment (not more than 1 page).
- A technical proposal explaining how you plan to conduct the research, including a review of what has already been done, a proposed methodology, a work plan, resources needed, budget, etc. (not more than 2-3 pages).
- CV, including the list of published articles, reports, studies if relevant.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Content of the bids
The tenderer will ensure that their bid clearly identifies how they meet the selection criteria. It would also be useful to see examples of previous work demonstrating their ability to write and present in English to a primarily NGO audience.
Payments and standard contract
Payment will be made on receipt of Deliverable 1+2 and the Deliverable 3, 40% and 60% respectively.
Only validated reports will be accepted and fully compensated.
The Contract will be drawn up between EASPD and the tenderer.
The estimated price is max. EUR 3,500.00, all taxes included.
The contract will be awarded to the tenderer whose offer represents the best value for money, taking into account the quality of submitted document and individual expertise. The contract will only be awarded to a tenderer who clearly proves that they have knowledge, experience and expertise which match at least 70% of the selection criteria.
Please send bids to Carmen Arroyo de Sande, Development Manager, European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD): email@example.com
Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the tender process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the tender process is finished.