EASPD invites you to join us in hosting our annual Conference on workforce development and staffing issues in social care and support services in your home country in October 2019. This call is a unique opportunity to organise a European Conference in your city, on an important topic: staff, the main asset of service providers.
The conference will focus on three main questions:
- Where to find your staff?
- How to train your staff?
- How not to lose your staff?
- The cross-cutting topics are UN CRPD principles, digitalisation, and labour mobility.
The host organisation is expected to demonstrate strong commitment, have professional background in the field, the ability to mobilise and connect to national/local level stakeholders ,and the capacity to provide logistic and dissemination support. In particular, EASPD seeks support in finding the venue & hotels, negotiating contracts for catering, registration of participants, local dissemination, and providing quotes for the budgeting.
This call is a unique opportunity to organise a European Conference in your city, on an important topic: staff, the main asset of service providers.
What will be considered when making the decision:
- Commitment and capacity of the canditate organisation (mostly human resources) to co-organise the 3-day event for a minimum of 200-250 participants (EASPD conference and Governance meetings)
- Ease of accessibility of the city by transport, more specifically good air and/or railway connections from different European countries.
- Availability of accessible conference venues for persons with disabilities with the capacity to host min 250 persons.
- Preference will be given to candidates from countries where EASPD has not organised a conference in the past years.
EASPD staff takes the lead on much of the conference planning and finances. The hosts are not expected to input financial resources into the organisation of the event but encouraged to mobilise local resources to subsidise the conference costs (e.g. sponsors, discounts from restaurants, public/subsidised venues, etc).
DEADLINE: send your expression of interest before November 16, 2018 to email@example.com.
The letter should include the following:
- Motivation of your interest
- Description of your organisation(s) and your operational capacity
- Your connection to EASPD and previous experience in hosting conferences
- Your initial suggestions of the conference venue.
Final decision of the selected candidate is expected to be made by December 5, 2018.