On behalf of the Committee on Equality and Non-Discrimination of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly Member Mr Adão Silva (Portugal, EPP/CD) is preparing a report on the topic “For a disability-inclusive workforce.”
The report aims to present an overview of the situation of Council of Europe member States. Mr Silva intends to present concrete actions taken at various levels by national/regional authorities, companies and non-governmental organisations to accompany persons with disabilities on the labour market. As a result this report presents an opportunity to promote best practices with regard to the active participation of persons with disabilities in the workforce.
In order to collect information about best practices in Council of Europe member States, Mr Silva wishes to ask for the cooperation of national human rights institutions and non-governmental organisations working on the promotion and protection of the rights of persons with disabilities, with a view to collecting country-specific information.
To contribute to the creation of this report please complete the questionnaire below and return to (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 17th August 2018. Mr Silva and the Committee on Equality and Non-Discrimination of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- What are the latest official statistics with regard to the employment of persons with disabilities at the national level
- Could you present measures required by law and voluntary measures addressed to potential employees as well as employers, so as to promote the participation of persons with disabilities in the labour market in your country (e.g. incentives, quotas, sheltered employment, information campaigns, training …)?
- What sanctions are foreseen for failure to comply with the measures required by law regarding the employment of persons with disabilities? Are these sanctions effectively applied?
- What are the main sectors of employment of persons with disabilities in your country? What measures exist to improve employment in other sectors? Are any companies pro-active in this field and have they introduced voluntary quotas or other measures to promote the employment of persons with disabilities?
- Full inclusion of persons with disabilities in the workforce requires actions at multiple levels. What would be your main recommendations to this end?
Please do not hesitate to send any additional information you would wish to bring to the attention of the rapporteur to email@example.com