Tuesday 8th September, 10h00-11h30 CEST
Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) is among the first steps in prevention, support and care for children with disabilities. ECI also provides families with a set of services, tools and resources to best meet the needs of their children. These measures are crucial to empower families and support them in the early stages of their children’s lives.
Early childhood intervention is also part of the range of support systems within long-term care. However, often its crucial function is not fully recognised by policy makers and/or by related legislative frameworks.
EASPD's upcoming webinar will bring together national and EU level stakeholders to identify how authorities can build a sustainable, coherent ECI systems within national frameworks and support ECI services within the restrictive measures required in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This webinar will bring together stakeholders to:
- Discuss the key recommendations for how authorities can build sustainable, human- rights based ECI services in Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Slovakia, Greece, Poland and Finland.
- Debate how the European Union can support children with disabilities and their families from the very first step.
- Establish how the European Semester and the next long term EU budget can play a role in supporting Member States to develop their ECI legal and/or financial framework.
- Learn about what Early Childhood Intervention is and how it functions across Europe Launch EASPD’s report on Early Childhood Intervention
- Discuss with policy makers on the role of the EU in supporting Early Childhood Intervention policies including with regard to the European Semester, the Child Guarantee and the EU Recovery Plan
This webinar will take place on Tuesday 8th September 1000-11h30 CEST. The event will be in English with real time captioning in English