EASPD and EUSE believe that all efforts in creating an effective system of employment of people with disabilities contribute to the change of the social reality in line with the mandate of art 27 UN Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities. The 5 main elements of art 27 UNCRPD concern:
- The right of people with disabilities to work on equal bases with others
- The prohibition of discrimination on the bases of disability in regards all matters connected to employment, including labor rights and equal pay
- The right of people with disabilities to just and favorable work conditions on equal basis with others including the implementation of reasonable accommodation
- The need to enable people with disabilities to have effective access to general technical and vocational programmes, placement services and vocational and continuing training7
- The promotion of the acquisition of people with disabilities of work experience on the open labor market.
For this purpose, EASPD has created the Employment for All Award and is pleased to be joining now with EUSE on this occasion. The Employment for All Award is given to Social Services/ Support Providers and Businesses or Employers who have designed and implemented effective systems for employment of people with disabilities. The objective of the Award is to find and publicize different systems for inclusion of people with disabilities in the workforce and providing equal opportunities for them to access gainful employment and enable them to gain a greater control over their independence in terms of employment and financial stability.