We are looking for a junior profile willing to develop further skills in an exciting working environment in EASPD’s headquarters, in Brussels. The intern will support the EASPD’s Communications, Events and Membership officers and will be under the direct supervision of EASPD’s Communications Officer. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates willing to develop their skills in Digital Communication, Membership relationship management, Event Management, Database Management, and Membership relationship management in a European Association.
- Create and update content on the website regularly.
- Create Social Media content for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and prepare social media campaigns.
- Support EASPD’s Communication officer in collecting newsworthy information from EASPD members;
- Support EASPD’s Membership officer in the communications with our members;
- Support EASPD’s Membership officer in maintaining and updating an accurate membership database;
- Support the dissemination of EASPD’s activities;
- Assist with Direct Mailing Communications through Mailchimp;
- Assist the team on the organisation and coverage of EASPD’s events and Conferences;
- Organisation of visits to European Institutions for members and students.
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
- University degree (Minimum 3 years of higher education) in Marketing, Business and Administration, Communication or similar subject.
- Motivated, innovative and creative;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Basic knowledge of database management (ideally prior use of a CRM database);
- Knowledge of social media;
- Strong interest in European social and human rights policies.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team context
- Sense of initiative and be pro-active
- Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience with website management/development highly desirable
- Fluent English (both written and spoken) is essential
- Any other EU languages are an advantage
Candidates must be very well organised, have an eye for detail, be able to meet deadlines. Candidates should be willing to learn and should be able to work independently and in a small dynamic team
What will you learn during the internship?
- Social media and Social Media tools (Buffer, Canva);
- E-mail marketing software (Mailchimp);
- Basic command of Photoshop and Adobe Premiere;
- Knowledge of European social sector;
- Team Working Skills;
- Working in a young multicultural environment;
Terms of the contract
- Minimum 35 hours / week and based in Brussels (working also remotely due to COVID-19 recommendations in place).
- Remuneration of 100€ +, local transport costs covered.
- Minimum 6 months internship.
- The desired starting date is 1st November 2020.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO in Brussels
- Working in a young multicultural environment
- A chance to learn more about the social care & support sectors and organisations from all over Europe
- The possibility to contribute to the building of a more social and inclusive Europe
- Candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to Rachel Vaughan at rachel.vaugha(at)easpd.eu
- The deadline for applications is 15th October 11.59pm
- Due to the number of applications we expect to receive, only selected candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview that will take place on 22nd October.
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.