EASPD wants to be a members-led organisation that identifies, valorises, unlocks and upscales the knowledge, knowhow and expertise available at grass roots level in support services for persons with disabilities from across the continent. The Research and Innovation assistant will play a key role in supporting these processes.
The Research and Innovation assistant will work in close cooperation with Membership, Research & Innovation and Communication departments of the EASPD team under the direct supervision of the Research and Innovation Manager. The work would involve covering a broad variety of topics in the field of human rights and social services.
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
Overview of duties:
- Members assessment & profiling
- Support on internal knowledge management from members (needs assessment and pairing between experts and organisations in need of expertise) and the EASPD secretariat (gathering of knowledge and internal trainings)
- Support on planning and implementation of peer-learning meetings and events
- Support on the management of the EASPD e-learning platform
- Internal training needs & events
- Analysis of members’ training needs
- Assistance in the implementation of European funded projects
- Assistance in research activities within the project tasks
- Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Pedagogy, Audiovisual Communication, Business Management or related fields;
- Fluency in English, other additional European languages are desirable;
- Excellent computer skills, especially a very good command of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and flexibility to explore other tools (communication tools are an asset);
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and work effectively in and across international teams.
- Interest in a membership based organisation;
- Experience and interest in training design & delivery;
Terms of the contract
- The work station is the EASPD headquarters in Brussels (BE)
- The position is unpaid. In accordance with the Belgian legislation for non-profit organisations, the volunteer will be paid a maximum amount of € 100 €/month for the volunteer work done.
- Starting date: 3rd May
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO in Brussels
- Working in a young multicultural environment
- A chance to learn more about the social care & support sectors and organisations from all over Europe
- The possibility to contribute to the building of a more social and inclusive Europe
- If you feel that you have the skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team, please email your CV and (max. one pager) motivation letter to Ms Asel Kadyrbaeva Asel.Kadyrbaeva(a)easpd.eu
- The deadline for applications is 18th April 11:00 pm.
- Due to the number of applications we expect to receive, only selected candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
- The interviews will take place on 21st April.
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.