The secret has been revealed in Zadar during the EASPD conference “Persons with Disabilities in Employment: Inclusion through Jobs - Making it Real”.
The winners of the 2015 Emloyment for All awards are Elite Supported Employment Agency, Ltd (United Kingdom) as a best practice on providing support services in employment for persons with intellectual disabilities and La Fageda Fundació (Spain) for their work in facilitating quality job opportunities for individuals with mental illness and disabilities.
All these practices have been evaluated by an international jury including representatives of Disability organisations (DPOs), experts, members of the European Parliament, services providers and employers. All the information related to the awards as well as a description of best practices can be found in the Employment for All booklets in English, French and German.
- 10 BEST PRACTICES IN EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
- LES 10 MEILLEURES PRATIQUES D ’AIDE À L’EMPLOI DES PERSONNES HANDICAPÉES
- 10 BEWÄHRTE VERFAHREN ZUR BESCHÄFTIGUNGSFÖRDERUNG VON MENSCHEN MIT BEHINDERUNG
Deadline for submission 14th March 2015
EASPD would like to promote better employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, and your help is needed. EASPD invites you to share your best practice, model, method or tool by participating in the EASPD EMPLOYMENT FOR ALL AWARD.
Your best practice will:
- Be published on a best practices compilation on www.easpd.eu (if selected)
- Be published in a compilation disseminated throughout Europe (if selected)
- Be considered for selection as one of the three nominees for the award.
the nominees and the winner
There will be two categories in which nominees will be selected from.
- The first category is for businesses/employers who promote better employment opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- The second category comprises of social services and support providers who exhibit exceptional qualities in their practices in the employment field for persons with disabilities. Three nominees from each category will be invited to the conference; their best practices will be presented during the conference and they will participate in the final award ceremony.
The winning best practice from each category will receive the award during the EASPD Annual Conference “Persons with Disabilities in Employment: Inclusion through Jobs - making it real” in Zadar (Croatia).
The 3 nominees from each category will be selected by a jury composed of persons with disabilities, representatives of the business world, authorities, Disabled People Organizations and service providers.
Criteria: your best practice.
- has proven its merits in improving support conditions for integrating work- and career- opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- is an active and on-going practice and it has positive prospects for future activity.
- is preferably integrated in mainstream operations.
- is about support leading to improvement of employment opportunities, including promotion of autonomy and an environment that is empowering.
- is about supporting and promoting quality in work and in work- and career- opportunities.
- it can be part of support-processes built around the person.
The Award will be presented during the EASPD conference: "Persons with Disabilities in Employment: Inclusion through Jobs - making it real" that will take place in Zadar, Croatia on May 7th and 8th 2015.
Call for Applications: How to apply
- Check out the full Call for Applications.
- To participate in the award selection, please fill in the application form or ask for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the winners of the 2013 edition