The European State-Of-The-Art (ESOTA) Congress will be held on 04-05 June 2020 at the Salzburg University of Education in Austria. The congress will cover various segments on Inclusive Post-Secondary Education Programmes for Students with Intellectual Disabilities.
Many people with intellectual disabilities are excluded from many aspects of society, often segregated in specialised systems, including special schools, sheltered work environments, and congregate living facilities. These conditions do not allow people with ID to be accepted from society and as a result, it has negative impact on their personal development.
In this congress, there are five specific goals, which can harmonise the conditions for these people in order to be accepted from society:
1) Exchange of experience and research results to increase the access of persons with ID to IPSE programmes throughout Europe;
2) Focus on developing fully inclusive programmes for persons with ID in current and future IPSE programmes;
3) Exchange of knowledge on instruction for IPSE staff and student volunteers to improve their knowledge of strategies promoting inclusion and self-determination for persons with ID;
4) Develop and disseminate quality indicators for IPSE programmes to colleges and universities throughout Europe; and
5) Bring together staff and Students with and without disabilities
If you are interested and want to participate, please follow this link and access all the relevant information.