The International Foundation of Applied Disability Research (FIRAH) announces the opening of the Call for projects 2015.
The Foundation pays particular attention to the balance between the financial support to applied research projects and the distribution and promotion of knowledge, meaning the “concrete implementation” of the knowledge resulting from research.
Through its work and activities, the Foundation gathers, collects, studies and promotes innovative knowledge and practices in the field of disability. The foundation focuses on “applied research” because they aim at improving the living conditions of persons with disabilities by applying the results and knowledge acquired in real life situations.
The 6 selection criteria for the call for projects 2015 are:
- Relevance of the project
- Originality of the project and its innovative character
- Presentation of the project leader, the partners and the role of the different entities for the implementation of the project
- Methodology and expected results
- Presentation of “material” realized to disseminate and used the knowledge produced by research and modalities for the transfer of these
- Presentation of realism in the relation between objectives, activities and resources
Eligible topics and thematic:
- Access to education for children and youngsters with disabilities from preschool7 to higher education.
- Caregiver support (family, informal or natural caregivers), especially: a) Concerning economic, professional and others arrangements in order to enable them to juggle with their actions of caregiver and their social and professional lives.b) The advice and training of parents for supporting their disabled child during the early childhood period.
- Mobility, as it constitutes a cross-cutting aspect to encourage the social participation of all people with disabilities (going to school, to work, access shops, cultural and leisure locations...)
- Access to healthcare for people with disabilities
- Ageing persons with disabilities.
Opening of the call: 12 January 2015
Closing date for letters of intention: 27 March 2015 at midnight (French time)
Announcement to project leaders regarding pre-selected and non-selected letters of intention: 26 June 2015
Closing date for completed application files: 2 October 2015 at midnight (French time)
Announcement to project leaders regarding the selected and non-selected completed applications: 15 December 2015
You can find the full call for projects by clicking here or on FIRAH’s Website.