MEMBER FORUMS (MFs)
The Member forums are permanent working groups responsible for the implementation of the three key pillars of EASPD: Information, Innovation, Impact. The MFs address a wide area of work and they advise, support and guide the Board and Secretariat. They represent the interest of EASPD in their own field through active research, policy development, advice and networking among the members. The MFs are coordinated by two co-chairs: one co-chair with a board member position elected by the General Assembly and an internally elected co-chair by the membership of each MF.
The EASPD Member Forums are:
- MF on Arts and Culture. The Member Forum on Arts provides a platform for the exchange of information, good practices and the sharing of common concerns in the field of supporting access to arts (addressing barriers such as the lack of accessible formats that inhibit persons with disabilities to access artistic and cultural activities, materials and places for performances and services such as theaters, museums, cinemas) and supporting artistic careers (artistic education and training for persons with disabilities). EASPD members with an interest in Visual Art, Music, Dance, Drama, Theatre, Technology in Arts or Arts Therapies explore new cross-border partnerships & synergies between the Arts and Disability sectors.
- MF on Early Intervention. In order to build an effective inclusive society, persons with disabilities have to be included in every step of their lives. From the very early stages of life, we must build on the capabilities, skills and resources of the person and their family, not their deficits. This group exchanges best practices, develops projects, and proposes policy recommendations to promote family-centered ECI practices across Europe.
- MF on Education: focuses on education, lifelong learning and the development of inclusive schools. The MF uses its know-how and contacts to support the development of an open educational system in Europe.
- MF on Employment: focuses on employment-related policies and job-related service developments. Intensive lobbying is being done to ensure that our sector's perspective is fully understood at European level.
- MF on Inclusive Living: discusses about strategic and practical ways to implement the UN CRPD Art. 19 in EASPD's member organisations and collects & exchanges models of good practice in the field of de-institutionalisation and (supported) housing. It supports the development of instruments facilitating user involvement and independent living and drafts policy recommendation for authorities at all levels.
- MF on Person Centered Technology. This MF is a special working group on ICT and Assistive Technology, which was created to look at all the benefits that new technologies can bring to disabled people in areas such as communication, employment, commerce, learning, independence, safety and free time. It also follows up relevant EU policy objectives concerning Person centred Technology/Assistive Technology and the existing barriers at EU level. The group collates information on what is being achieved across Europe in this field, to disseminate information, support projects and contribute to the development of EU Policy.
- MF on Policy Impact: measures and influences the impact of European policy and legislation on the disability sector.
- MF on Workforce Development and Human Resources. The MF on Workforce Development and Human Resources aims to promote high standards of knowledge, skill, competence and understanding within the social care workforce of the EU in general and amongst those of EASPD members in particular as a means of delivering quality services. It seeks the development of a social care workforce, widely respected and qualified, delivering services based on shared principles of care.
All EASPD members can formally join and actively take part in the work of the Member Forums. For more information on how to sign up, please contact Adriana Popa, Membership Officer at email@example.com