The European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) announced on Thursday 20th October the winner of its photo competition “Revealed & Unveiled”. The announcement was made during the opening of a photo exhibition organised within the framework of its 20th anniversary, which presents the 20 shortlisted photos selected during the voting process.
The three winners of the EASPD photo competition are:
- The first position went to “Star of hope” by Daniela Ceia (Romania)
- The second position went to “Art at your fingertips” by Maureen De Roo (Belgium)
- The third position went to “Happy” by Pasquale Cosentino (Italy)
The EASPD photo competition Revealed & Unveiled was open from October 2015 to March 2016. EASPD received 109 pictures from 17 different European countries. 20 pictures were shortlisted and they composed the exhibition. 1 picture was voted by the EASPD Facebook followers (1.022 persons participated in a Facebook poll) and 19 pictures were selected by the members of the EASPD Interest Group on Arts & Culture.
From the 20 pictures, an International Jury voted for the 3 winning pictures that were announced during the opening of the exhibition in Brussels on Thursday 20th October. The members of the Jury were:
- Ms Silvia Balmas, Thematic Network Coordinator of the European Foundation Center
- Ms Zlatka Marinova Bozhilova, Artist
- Ms Kim Timimoun, Project Manager at Eg'Art
- Ms Emmanuelle Grange, Head of the Disability and Inclusion Unit of the European Commission
- Mr Javier Bernal Revert, Photographer
- Mr Eoin Nash, Manager of Arts & Creative Arts Therapies
- Mr Simon Mckeown, Reader in School of Arts and Media
- Ms Hilde Van Gelder, Professor KU Leuven
Photo Exhibition “Revealed & Unveiled” in Halles Saint Géry
The EASPD photo exhibition “Revealed & Unveiled” aims at showing through the photos the role of social support and health services in the lives of people with disabilities and their families. The importance of these services to promote, protect and ensure the full and equal enjoyment of all human rights and fundamental freedoms by persons with disabilities and their inclusion in society.
The exhibition will be open (free entrance) until the 4th December 2016 in Les Caves at Halles Saint Géry / Sint Gorikshallen.
Note to editors
EASPD is a non-profit European organisation, established in 1996, and currently representing over 12.000 social and health services for persons with disabilities. EASPD advocates effective and high-quality disability-related services in the field of education, employment and individualised support, in line with the principles of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD), which could bring benefits not only to persons with disabilities, but to society as a whole. EASPD promotes equal opportunities for persons with disabilities through the provision of individualised services. The EASPD network supports and promotes the structural cooperation with all stakeholders in society as well as innovation in the sector. EASPD also calls for fair working conditions and training for professionals working in services for people with disabilities.