The European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) and the Service Foundation for People with an Intellectual Disability (KVPS) are pleased to invite you to register for our upcoming conference “Staff Matters! Disability Workforce of Tomorrow” which will be held on 3rd-4th October in Helsinki, Finland.
To celebrate the opening of registrations EASPD and KVPS are offering early registrants the chance to benefit from an early bird discount. To find out how much you can save, visit our registrations page here.
Bringing together support service providers, policy makers, government agencies, recipients of support services, academics and researchers the conference will explore the topics of recruitment, retention and training of social care & support workforce in the context of the growing demand for service delivery in line with the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD). Conference participants will discuss and share best practices on how to manage human resources to facilitate the implementation of the UN CRPD.
The two day conference will address three key themes related to the workforce of the social care & support sector:
- European trends: future of work
- EU perspective: Mobility of workers, recognition of qualifications
- Migration: effects on sender countries and receiving countries
- New types of employment and work arrangements
- Meeting the future training needs
- Training based on the UN CRPD and Human rights approach
- Training for management: leadership in disability services and change management
- Skills for workforce of the future
- Human resource management: recruitment and retention methods
- Making the sector attractive
- Image of the disability sector as employer
- Organisational culture, positive working environment, value-based organisations
- Staff motivation and career development