EASPD is looking for an intern to join its team in Brussels and assist in the communication and operational activities of the organisation to start at the beginning of June 2019.
The European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) represents over 17,000 social and health service provider organisations across Europe and across disability. The main objective of EASPD is to promote equal opportunities for people with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems, as based on the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
More information about EASPD is available at www.easpd.eu.
We are looking for a junior profile willing to develop further skills in an exciting working environment in EASPD’s headquarters, in Brussels. The intern will support the EASPD’s Communications, Events and Membership officers and will be under the direct supervision of EASPD’s Communications Officer. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates willing to develop their skills in Digital Communication, Membership relationship management, Event Management, Database Management, and Membership relationship management in a European Association.
- Create and update content on the website regularly.
- Create Social Media content for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and prepare social media campaigns.
- Support EASPD’s Communication officer in collecting newsworthy information from EASPD members;
- Support EASPD’s Membership officer in the communications with our members;
- Support EASPD’s Membership officer in maintaining and updating an accurate membership database;
- Support the dissemination of EASPD’s activities;
- Assist with Direct Mailing Communications through Mailchimp;
- Assist the team on the organisation and coverage of EASPD’s events and Conferences;
- Organisation of visits to European Institutions for members and students.
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
- University degree (Minimum 3 years of higher education) in Marketing, Business and Administration, Communication or similar subject.
- Motivated, innovative and creative;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Basic knowledge of database management (ideally prior use of a CRM database);
- Knowledge of social media;
- Strong interest in European social and human rights policies.
- Additional skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team context
- Sense of initiative and be pro-active
- Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience with website management/development highly desirable
- Fluent English (both written and spoken) is essential
- Any other EU languages are an advantage
Candidates must be very well organised, have an eye for detail, be able to meet deadlines. Candidates should be willing to learn and should be able to work independently and in a small dynamic team.
What will you learn during the internship
- Social media and Social Media tools (Buffer, Canva);
- E-mail marketing software (Mailchimp);
- Basic command of Photoshop and Adobe Premiere;
- Knowledge of European social sector;
- Team Working Skills;
- Working in a young multicultural environment;
- Work in a fun environment with access to free coffee and tea!
Terms of the contract
- Minimum 35 hours / week and based in Brussels (BE).
- Remuneration of 100€ +, local transport costs covered.
- Minimum 6 months internship.
- The desired starting date is the first week of June.
- Candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to Rachel Vaughan firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for applications is 20th May 2019 11.59pm
- Due to the number of applications we expect to receive, only selected candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview in the last week of May.
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.