EASPD is a European membership organisation who wants to become the leading knowledge centre on support services at European level. For this, EASPD aims at playing a leadership and convening role in the development of innovative support models for persons with disabilities all around Europe, and gathering and sharing know-how with and between its members and with society as a whole.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic person willing to further develop a career in the support services sector within EASPD’s headquarters in Brussels. The Knowledge and Innovation Manager will work in close cooperation with both the Policy, the Project Development and the Operations Teams and will directly report to the EASPD Secretary General.
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
Overview of duties
- Development and coordination of the EASPD research agenda
- Coordination of relationships with research institutes and universities
- Development of Horizon2020 projects
- Coordination of EASPD’s community of practices
- Coordination of membership and staff learning needs
- Manage the current knowledge management practices as well as design new knowledge distribution policies and encourage their use
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders in academia and research centres
We are looking for a hardworking, innovative, collaborative individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have these qualities/qualifications:
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience;
- At least 2/3 years of experience in the academic world and/or in the service provision sector;
- Master degree in social sciences, international relations or related field;
- Fluency in English (full professional fluency, written and spoken);
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and work effectively in and across international teams;
- Excellent coordination skills;
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proven experience in a membership based organisation;
- Proven experience in a research position;
- Proven experience of coordination of staff;
- Change management experience, (e.g. change planning, communications, workshop development, stakeholder management);
- Strong IT skills, including database development;
- Good command of at least one additional European language.
Terms of the contract
- The selected person must have a valid permit to work in the EU
- The workstation is the EASPD headquarters in Brussels (BE)
- Open-end contract 38 hours per week; remuneration according to Belgian legislation; PC 329 (Social Sector)
- Starting date: as soon as possible
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO in Brussels
- Working in a multicultural environment
- The possibility to contribute to the building of a more social and inclusive Europe
- An attractive remuneration package
- If you feel that you have the skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team, please email your CV and (max. one page) motivation letter to Sabrina Ferraina at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications is 15th November 2020. Interviews will be carried out on the 20th November 2020.
- EASPD regrets that we are unable to acknowledge all applications received. Please note that only suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.