We are looking for a junior profile willing to complete his/her ongoing studies with an exciting working experience in EASPD’s headquarters, in Brussels
The European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) represents 17,000 social and health support service provider organisations across Europe and across disability.
The main objective of EASPD is to promote equal opportunities for people with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems, as based on the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
We are looking for a junior profile willing to complete his/her ongoing studies with an exciting working experience in EASPD’s headquarters, in Brussels. The intern will work directly with and under the supervision of EASPD’s Policy Manager and in close cooperation with other members of the Policy team. The work would involve covering a broad variety of topics, such as:
- European semester, with specific emphasis on investment policies in the social sector
- European Social Dialogue and improving the attractiveness of the sector for young professionals
- The implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Support the organisation of EASPD’s annual conferences and events
- Support and prepare the work done in the Policy Impact Group (position papers, briefings, coordination, administration, etc.) and in the EASPD Standing Committees
- Help to monitor and respond to policy developments in the European Commission and Parliament
- Assist in the management and administration of European projects, notably the PESSIS III project
- Attend and represent EASPD at external meetings in Brussels and possibly abroad.
- Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
- University degree (Minimum 3 years of higher education) in Human Rights, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, Law, Communications, Economics or similar degree.
- Strong interest in learning about and taking part in the European Union’s policy-making processes; in particular on issues related to social affairs and human rights
- A basic understanding of the European Union and its functioning, as well as the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and its principles or willingness to learn about this
- Proven experience in policy analysis
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
Terms of the contract
- Minimum 35 hours / week and based in Brussels (BE), flexible hours possible and to be negotiated
- No remuneration will be provided, but a reimbursement of €100/month is foreseen
- Minimum 6 months internship
- Preferred starting date in March 2019
- Candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to Ms Sabrina Ferraina email@example.com. The motivation letter should concisely describe how the candidate responds to the skills required and their interest to join EASPD.
- The deadline for applications is 3rd March 2019, 11:59pm. Interviews will take place mid-March either in person or on Skype.
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process.
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.
Due to the number of applications we expect to receive, only selected candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.