- Degree in relevant disciplines (e.g.: engineering, economics, international development regional development, business management, law, EU affairs);
- At least 2 years experience in project development;
- Knowledge of EU funding programmes, especially Erasmus+;
- Proven experience in European projects management;
- Excellent English and fluency in at least one additional European language (German a plus).
- Knowledge of social services sector and/or human rights and disabilities;
- Experience working in a not-for-profit or governmental organisation;
- Financial and budgeting skills;
- Interest in technologies and digitalisation;
- Excellent computer skills, especially a very good command of MS Office.
EASPD is constantly growing and building up its capacity to respond to societal challenges facing services for persons with disabilities. With a team that has doubled in the last 7 years, EASPD wants to play a leadership role in the development of innovative support models for persons with disabilities all around Europe.We are looking for a Project Development Officer to join our headquarters in Brussels to reinforce our work in topics such as Deinstitutionalisation, workforce development of support services, migration, and digital transition of the workforce.
Working in a team of 20 people from 13 different countries, this job offers tremendous opportunities to learn, grow, and travel. We pride ourselves in the excellent team atmosphere and in the close cooperation we have with our members across Europe.
The employee will be responsible for the development of projects, as well as the management and implementation of projects, in close cooperation with the Head of the Project Development team and the Secretary General.
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply.
The European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) represents over 17,000 social and health service provider organisations across Europe and across disability. The main objective of EASPD is to promote equal opportunities for persons with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems, as based on the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
More information about EASPD is available at www.easpd.eu
Overview of duties:
- Identify promising project ideas;
- Identify funding opportunities;
- Create collaboration opportunities with external organisations;
- Setting up project consortia and partnerships;
- Write project proposals / Reply to tenders.
- Coordinate the complete execution of a project, from negotiation to project closure;
- Project financial and technical follow-up, ensuring compliance with EC regulations;
- Preparation and submission of financial/administrative deliverables and financial reports;
- Contact with projects partners, including guidance on administrative and financial issues;
- Management of the international consortium of project partners;
- Travel and represent EASPD at consortium meetings.
Terms of the contract
- Long term contract
- The selected person must have a valid permit to work in the EU and live in Belgium.
- The workstation is the EASPD headquarters in Brussels (BE).
- Contract 38 hours per week; remuneration according to experience (following Belgian legislation - PC 329 Social Sector).
- Starting date: (preferably) 1st July 2021.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO in Brussels.
- Working in a young multicultural environment.
- A chance to learn more about the social care & support sectors and organisations from all over Europe.
- The possibility to contribute to the building of a more social and inclusive Europe
- Travel opportunities
- If you feel that you have the skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team, please email your CV and (max. one pager) motivation letter to Mr Tim Ghilain firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for applications is the 13th June 2021, 11pm.
- Interviews will take place on the 18th June 2021 in the afternoon.
- EASPD regrets that we are unable to acknowledge all applications received. Please note that only suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.