EASPD is looking for a Research and Development Officer to join our headquarters in Brussels to replace an employee on maternity leave.
The employee is expected to join the Development, Research and Innovation team of EASPD and focus on project management & implementation as well as coordination of the EASPD research network (EURECO).
The candidate must have experience in European project management as well as knowledge of EU funding financial rules, organisational, communication and negotiation skills, and excellent English (oral and written).
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
Overview of duties:
- Coordination and execution of projects;
- Project financial and technical follow-up, ensuring compliance with EC regulations;
- Preparation and submission of financial/administrative deliverables and financial reports;
- Contact with projects partners, including guidance on administrative and financial issues;
- Management of the international consortium of project partners;
- Travel and represent EASPD at consortium meetings.
Coordination of research and operational activities
- Coordination of European Research Network on Inclusive Community Planning & Service Development (EURECO), including regular communication with network members, organisation of a seminar in Brussels, and network building.
- Coordination of the Interest Group Human Resources & Workforce Development and the European Observatory on Human Resources; organisation of meetings.
- Coordination of Research and innovation activities of EASPD (overview of research tenders,
- Involvement in EASPD activities, participation in events and conferences, communication with members and external stakeholder.
- Identify promising project ideas;
- Identify funding opportunities related to research & innovation;
- Create collaboration opportunities with external organisations;
- Setting up project consortia and partnerships;
- Write project proposals / Reply to tenders.
- Degree in relevant disciplines (e.g.: engineering, economics, international development regional development, business management, law, EU affairs);
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management;
- Extensive knowledge of EU funding programmes;
- Proven experience in European projects management;
- Fluency in English and at least one additional European language;
- Excellent computer skills, especially a very good command of MS Office;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently and excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong organization and time management skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks effectively and respect deadlines.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit or governmental organisation;
- Background and experience in or associated with science or research organisations;
- Knowledge of social services sector;
- Knowledge of Human Rights and disabilities;
- Financial and budgeting skills;
- Knowledge of IP exploitation will be a plus.
Terms of the contract
- The selected person must have a valid permit to work in the EU and willing to live in Belgium
- Closed-end contract 38 hours per week; remuneration according to Belgian legislation PC 329 (Social Sector) and according to experience
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Duration of contract: 11 months
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO that wants to make a difference
- Working in a young multicultural environment
- A chance to learn more about the social care & support sectors and organisations from all over Europe
- The possibility to contribute to the building of a more social and inclusive Europe
- Travel opportunities
- If you feel that you have the skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team, please email your CV and (max. one pager) motivation letter to Ms Carmen Arroyo de Sande firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for applications is 30.09.2019.
- EASPD regrets that we are unable to acknowledge all applications received. Please note that only suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.
To read the aplication in PDF, please click here.