Communications Officer (Maternity-leave cover)
The European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) is the European not-for-profit organisation representing over 20,000 social service providers in 34 European countries.
EASPD’s mission is to promote equal opportunities for persons with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems across Europe, in line with the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Our members are active in a wide range of activities, especially in care and support services, employment, education and training, and early childhood intervention..
More information about EASPD is available at www.easpd.eu
Are you looking to for a job in which you can contribute to the promotion of a more social Europe? Do you want to take a key role in shaping an organisation’s online presence and connecting its members? Are you looking for the next step in your career that will allow you to grow a vast array of competences?
Then join EASPD in Brussels as a Communications Officer!
This role will have as main responsibilities of coordinating EASPD’s Social Media Channels; creating and publishing EASPD’s bi-weekly newsletter, video content and other promotional materials; layoutting EASPD reports and policy papers ready for publication and ensuring a cohesive visual identity for the organisation throughout its communication materials.
Tasks will include working withing a small communications team to:
- Manage EASPD’s Website and social media profiles (Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter)
- Create and publish EASPD’s bi-weekly newsletter
- Film and edit video content
- Layout reports, policy papers and other EASPD documents
- Creating visual design content for social media and published materials
- Contribute to EASPD’s communication strategy
- Perform tasks related to EASPD’s working groups and projects on topics such as audio-visual, arts, and general awareness raising
The position is to cover a period of maternity leave. The successful applicant will work within EASPD’s Operations Team, under the leadership of its Head of Operations.
- Degree in Communication, Media, Political or Social Science, Public Administration or Project Management;
- 2 years of working experience;
- Oral and Written Fluency in English and at least one additional European language;
- Proactive and dynamic character;
- Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines;
- Good eye for detail and strong editing skills;
- Computer literacy, especially a very good command of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Previous experience with video editing tools, especially Adobe Premiere, highly desired;
- Good design skills and experience in using design software including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Canva;
- Experience with E-mail Marketing Software, notably Mailchimp;
- Capacity to work autonomously;
- Capacity to work in collaboration and in a team;
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Experience with European projects.
- Previous experience in an NGO.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, notably Typo3
- Knowledge of social services sector (e.g. childcare, social support for persons with disabilities, elderly care, support assistance, work integration, etc).
Terms of the Contract
- A 15-month contract.
- The selected person must have a valid permit to work in the EU and live in Belgium.
- The workstation is the EASPD headquarters in Brussels (BE). The work schedule is minimum 3 days in the office per week.
- Contract 38 hours per week; remuneration at approximately €3.200 gross; additional €160 for workplace expenses/month and meal vouchers.
- Starting date: approximately 24th October.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO in Brussels.
- Working in a dynamic multicultural environment.
- A chance to learn more about the work of social services from across Europe.
- The possibility to contribute to the building of a more social and inclusive Europe by making the most of the EU Budget.
- Travel opportunities.
- If you feel that you have the motivation, skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team, please email your CV and motivation letter to Ms Rachel Vaughan, Head of Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for applications is the 23rd September 2022.
- Interviews will take place on 28th September in Brussels (preferably in person).
- Persons with Disabilities are particularly invited to apply.
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.