The European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) is the European not-for-profit organization representing over 20,000 social service providers in 41 countries. EASPD’s mission is to promote equal opportunities for persons with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems across Europe, in line with the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Our members are active in a wide range of activities, especially in care and support services, employment, education and training, and early childhood intervention.
More information about EASPD is available at www.easpd.eu
EASPD is currently looking for an e-Learning Officer motivated to lead our online learning activities and enrich their resume with a working experience in EASPD’s headquarters, in Brussels. The person will work directly with and under the supervision of EASPD’s Head of Knowledge & Innovation and in close cooperation with other members of the team. The work would involve covering a broad variety of topics and activities in the field of disability rights and social services.
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
- Leading the e-Learning activities of EASPD, focused on the development and dissemination of online resources targeting various actors in the disability support sector. This includes:
- Coordinate our e-Learning strategy, centred around the EASPD e-learning platform, the Knowledge Hub which is managed by the e-Learning Officer;
- Lead the creation of e-Learning content by coordinating and/or implementing the design, structure, and content of e-Learning modules and MOOCs;
- Oversee our online knowledge brokering activities, including via the management of the e-Library section of the Knowledge Hub;
- Various technical and design tasks linked to e-Learning.
- Leading the implementation of projects with activities including but not limited to coordination, policy analysis, research, dissemination, quality assurance, etc. EASPD develops, coordinates, and takes part in various European projects through funding such as Erasmus+ or Horizon Europe.
- Organisation of events (both online and face-to-face).
- Dissemination activities.
- Administrative and financial tasks.
- Collaboration with the other EASPD teams.
- At least 2 years’ proven experience in a capacity relevant to the position.
- Oral and Written Fluency in English and at least one additional European language.
- Capacity to work in a team and to share your knowledge and expertise.
- Previous experience in e-Learning content development, as well as knowledge of various content-creation tools such as Moodle or Canva
- Excellent writing skills in English (other languages are an asset).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor related to e-Learning, Instructional Design and Teaching, Graphic Design, Political Sciences, Social Studies, European Studies, Disability Studies, or equivalent experience.
- A strong interest in the disability support sector.
- Willingness to work in a multicultural team.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team context.
- Sense of initiative and be pro-active.
- Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Terms of the Contract
- A long-term contract.
- The selected person must have a valid permit to work and live in the EU/Belgium.
- The workstation is the EASPD headquarters in Brussels (BE). In normal time (outside of COVID rules), the work schedule is minimum 3 days in the office per week.
- Contract 38 hours per week; remuneration at approximately €3.190 gross; with a social package including 160€ monthly for workplace expenses, meal vouchers, health insurance, mental health support, transportation.
- Starting date: approximately 10th March or as soon as possible.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO in Brussels.
- Working in a dynamic multicultural environment.
- The possibility to contribute to the building of a more social and inclusive Europe.
- The opportunity to lead important work for the development of knowledge and skills for the EASPD members and their workforce.
- Valuable experience working on various European projects.
- Travel opportunities.
- If you feel that you have the motivation, skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team, please email your CV and motivation letter to Mr Renaud Scheuer, Head of Knowledge & Innovation email@example.com
- The deadline for applications is the 10th February 2023 at 23.59.
- Interviews will hopefully take place the 14th - 16th February in Brussels (preferably in person).
- Persons with Disabilities are particularly invited to apply.
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.