Learning and Development Officer
The European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) is the European not-for-profit organization representing over 20,000 social service providers in 41 countries. EASPD’s mission is to promote equal opportunities for persons with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems across Europe, in line with the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Our members are active in a wide range of activities, especially in care and support services, employment, education and training, and early childhood intervention.
More information about EASPD is available at www.easpd.eu
EASPD is currently looking for a Learning & Development Officer willing to both support the team’s knowledge and innovation activities and enrich their resume with a working experience in EASPD’s headquarters, in Brussels. The person will work directly with and under the supervision of EASPD’s Head of Knowledge & Innovation and in close cooperation with other members of the team. The work would involve covering a broad variety of topics and activities in the field of disability rights and social services.
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
- Leading the Learning & Development strategy of EASPD, focused on peer-learning and other activities among the EASPD membership and the workforce of the disability support sector. This includes:
- Coordination of the EASPD Lighthouse Network for peer-learning within the membership, including training, study visits, etc.
- Knowledge brokering to encourage the creation and transfer of knowledge within EASPD networks. This includes strategies for the collection, analysis, and dissemination of promising practices relevant to our sector.
- Coordination of the European Care Certificate platform and contribution to the development of initiatives linked to skills for care activities across Europe.
- Leading the implementation of projects with activities including but not limited to coordination, policy analysis, research, dissemination, quality assurance, etc. EASPD develops, coordinates, and takes part in various European projects through funding such as Erasmus+ or Horizon Europe.
- Organisation of events (both online and face-to-face).
- Dissemination activities.
- Administrative and financial tasks.
- Collaboration with the other EASPD teams.
- At least 1 year proven experience in a capacity relevant to the position.
- Oral and Written Fluency in English and at least one additional European language.
- Capacity to work in a team and to share your knowledge and expertise.
- A strong interest in the disability support sector and in the development of knowledge and learning strategies.
- Excellent writing skills in English (other languages are an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic IT skills
- Bachelor related to Political Sciences, International Relations, Social Studies, European Studies, Disability Studies, or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to work in a multicultural team
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team context
- Sense of initiative and be pro-active
- Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Terms of the Contract
- A long-term contract.
- The selected person must have a valid permit to work and live in the EU/Belgium.
- The workstation is the EASPD headquarters in Brussels (BE). In normal time (outside of COVID rules), the work schedule is minimum 3 days in the office per week.
- Contract 38 hours per week; remuneration at approximately €2.700 gross; with a social package including meal vouchers, health insurance, mental health support, transportation.
- Starting date: approximately 20th February or as soon as possible.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO in Brussels.
- Working in a dynamic multicultural environment.
- The possibility to contribute to the building of a more social and inclusive Europe.
- The opportunity to lead important work for the development of knowledge and skills for the EASPD members and their workforce.
- Valuable experience working on various European projects.
- Travel opportunities.
- If you feel that you have the motivation, skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team, please email your CV and motivation letter to Mr Renaud Scheuer, Head of Knowledge & Innovation firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for applications is the 31st January 2023 at 23.59.
- Interviews will hopefully take place the 3rd- 6th February in Brussels (preferably in person).
- Persons with Disabilities are particularly invited to apply.
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.