Burnout FREE is a new project that aims to tackle the serious issue of burnout among parents of children with disabilities and professional working in Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) services. The project hopes to reduce the chance of burnout and its serious implications, such as social isolation of professionals and social exclusion of parents and children with disabilities. The ten partners from across Europe will share their expertise and work together to address the needs of both parents and organisations, strengthening their ability to meet the requirements of their demanding roles and cope with challenges.
Project partners were happy to kick off the project at an online meeting on the 21st of January 2022. They had the chance to meet each other, briefly present themselves and their organisations and plan their first activity, a report on burnout which includes a literature review and survey on needs assessment.
In March, the partners will be meeting each other for the first time at the next transnational project meeting in Varna, Bulgaria. There they will discuss the next steps for the project. Everyone involved is very excited and we look forward to updating you soon. Watch this space!
Join the conversation on social media with #BurnoutFree !
Notes to the Editor
Burnout FREE ECI Project “Burnout of Professionals and Parents with Children with Disabilities: Prevention, common challenges and mutually empowering methodologies and practices in Early Child Intervention Services” has been approved under the Erasmus+ Programme, KA220-ADU-Cooperation partnerships in adult education (No: 2021-1-EL01-KA220-ADU-000035230). It is coordinated by AMIMONI and managed by the Greek National Agency. Partners are:
- Amimoni - Panhellenic Association of parents and friends of visually impaired people with additional handicaps /Coordinator/Greece
- Panepistimio Thessalias/Greece
- Sveučilište u Zagrebu/Croatia
- Universitatea Babeș-Bolyai/Romania
- European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities/Belgium
- Mali Dom - Zagreb dnevni centar za rehabilitaciju djece i mladezi/Croatia
- C.E.C.D Mira Sintra - Centro de Educação para o Cidadão com Deficiência, CRL/Portugal
- Karin Dom Foundation/ Bulgaria
- THEOFANIS ALEXANDRIDIS KAI SIA EE/ Greece
- KYPRIAKI ETAIREIA PISTOPOIISIS LIMITED/ Cyprus
- Down Syndrome Albania Foundation “DSA”/Associated Partner/Albania
- IDEC(External Evaluators)
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.