Vacancy: Project Development Officer
The European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) represents over 20,000 social and health service provider organisations across Europe and across disability. The main objective of EASPD is to promote equal opportunities for persons with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems, as based on the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Do you want to take a leadership role in managing and implementation large EU projects? Are you looking for the next step in your career that will allow you to grow a vast array of competences?
Then join EASPD in Brussels as a Project Development Officer!
What our staff like about working at EASPD:
- Making an impact for social inclusion
- Young, dynamic, and friendly team
- Autonomy in your work
- Variety of tasks
Overview of tasks
- Project implementation of an ambitious Erasmus+ Sector Skill Alliance Project
- Project on the topic of Social Economy
- Coordinate the work of 30 partners from across Europe
- Report regularly to the Commission
- Work with a small team within EASPD to deliver outputs
- Travel and represent EASPD at consortium meetings.
- Project development
- Cooperate with the Project Development Team
- Identify promising project ideas
- Set up project partnerships
- Write project proposals, in particular in the field of employment, social economy and arts.
- Support EASPD members’ in their project development
- Degree in relevant disciplines (e.g.: engineering, economics, international development regional development, business management, law, EU affairs)
- At least 2 years’ experience in project management and implementation
- Fluency in English and at least one additional European language (German a plus)
- Capacity to work autonomously while being part of a team
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Knowledge of EU funding programmes, especially Erasmus+
- Knowledge of social services sector, in particular Social Economy and/or inclusive labour markets
- Knowledge of Human Rights and disabilities
Terms of the contract
- A long-term contract
- The selected person must have a valid permit to work in the EU and live in Belgium.
- The workstation is the EASPD headquarters in Brussels (BE).
- Contract 38 hours per week; remuneration according to experience (following Belgian legislation - PC 329 Social Sector).
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO in Brussels.
- Working in a young multicultural environment.
- A chance to learn more about the social care & support sectors and organisations from all over Europe.
- The possibility to contribute to the building of a more social and inclusive Europe
- Travel opportunities
- If you feel that you have the skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team, please email your CV and (max. one pager) motivation letter to Mr Tim Ghilain firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for applications is the 15th October 2021.
- Interviews will take place on the 20th October 2021, between 16.00 and 19.00 CET.
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.