Introducing the EU Care Strategy – Webinar on Stakeholders’ Initial Reactions
Interpretation in English, French and Sign Language as well as real-time captioning will be made available during the webinar.
The European Commission will bring forward the new EU Care Strategy on the 7th of September.
The organisers hope this EU Care Strategy will help to shape social care policy around Europe in the years to come in areas such as:
- Availability, accessibility, and affordability of care services
- Attractiveness of jobs in social care, improving both pay and working conditions, as well as providing for continuous professional development and career paths
- Transition to home care and community-based services in line with human rights approaches to care provision
- Adequate and sustainable funding of social care services
- Tackling of gender stereotypes and inequalities linked to social care
- Further support to informal and family carers
- Universal access to high-quality early childhood education and care (ECEC)
In response to the introduction of the EU Care Strategy, EASPD, AGE Platform Europe, EuroChild, EDF, EPSU, COFACE Families Europe, the Social Employers and Social Services Europe invite you to an online webinar on the 9th of September at 11H00. This will be the chance to learn more about the new EU Care Strategy and discuss initial reactions to the initiative.
Join us to hear from Katarina Ivanković-Knežević, Director for Social Affairs, European Commission about the new EU Care Strategy: what is it about? how will it impact national and regional care systems?. We will also hear from two expert members of the European Parliament (MEPs) Milan Brglez and Sirpa Pietikäinen, co-rapporteurs of the Report towards a Common European Action on Care who will provide us their initial response on the strategy. NGOs and Social Partners will share their initial remarks on various areas of interest.
11h00 - 11h10
Event moderated by Thomas Bignal, Head of Policy, EASPD
11h10 - 11h30
Introduction to the EU Care Strategy
|11h30 - 11h45|
Initial Response by the Co-Rapporteurs of the European Parliament's Report towards a Common European Action on Care
|11h45 - 12h25|
Stakeholder's Initial Remarks
This will be followed by a Q&A with participants
|12h25 - 12h30|